Thursday, November 12, 2009

Staying busy

Rayme & Bob



Emma's 2nd grade picture




Well, after a couple of months I have now found time to blog again. It has been a busy 2 months for us. Lots of things happening including a lot of sickness. I think we all had our turn at the flu or at least something. Emma is dealing with an infection on her shunt incision after a scab didn't come off for a long time. Finally, when it did come off, there was infection under it so she got on antibiotics & is now feeling better. Thank God it wasn't inside the incision. She brought home her 2nd grade pics yesterday & they look very sweet & grown up. I can't believe her hair has gotten long enough to put in a pony tail. Emma also made the honor roll for the first time. She was so proud, as we are. Congrats Ems. Emma is preparing to get her first Holy Communion in May 2010. We are so happy for her.




Rayme is staying busy too. Though he decided against fall ball this year he is very active in VIDEO GAMES! Yes, he seems to spend ALL of his free time playing XBOX 360 or Runescape on the computer. As long as his grades stay up, we don't mind. His report card comes home today & I am not the least bit concerned that he will once again, make the honor roll. I can't tell you how proud he makes us every day. He is just wonderful. We are truly blessed. Now if we can just get him to clean his room. Yeah right.




We attended the LPA Fall Regional in Perrysburg, OH in October. It was a blast. Though our room had to be changed 3 times, we finally got some sleep the last night. Of course that was the night of the big dance & we were too tired to do much. But it was great getting to see everyone again. Can't wait till next spring. Will be getting a suite this time, if one's available. We are headed for Veedersburg, IN this Saturday for our Lil Hoosiers chapter meeting at our good friends, the Bentleys. Their son, Austin has CHH & is just so adorable!!! I hope it's a great turnout. Then, December 12th is our annual Christmas party for chapter 24. Lots of fun there. Nothing better than spending time with great friends & eating lots of yummy food. Like I said, we are so blessed.




Now, as for me, I am staying as busy as I can. Babysitting on weekdays & keeping my weekends free for all the good things in life like....laundry. LOL. Seriously, I miss my washer & dryer & never knew how much I hated the laundromat. Santa, please bring me a washer & dryer.


I have discovered that changing little things in my life is helping me with bigger things in my life. I find myself missing my family a lot this time of year. I do have to admit that I wish we lived closer to them. I love Logansport but just wish I was closer to my family & my friends back in MO. Yes, for those of you that have asked, I did watch the world series & was happy that since my team (St. Louis Cardinals) didn't make it, the Yankees won! Go Yankees. I have always been a Yanks fan.




What about Bob? Again I find it hard to write much about Bob. He is still working crazy, long hours & is still loving it, tho he won't admit it. I find it hard at times that he is gone so much & we don't see too much of him. I try to tell myself that its something that has to be but it is hard to be alone so much & we miss him dearly when hes gone. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much since at least he's not gone overnight anymore. The kids are struggling with the fact that he works so much & miss their dad. God doesn't give us anything we can't handle, I know this is true. But sometimes I want to ask him for a little more time with Bob. Is that selfish? Okay, enough of that.




Other than the fact that this year had flown by so fast & I'm not too sure I am ready for 2010, I am ready for the holidays to be here & Christmas vacation so I can have some time with my kids. I thank God every day for them. They are my guiding light & everything to me. God bless you all.




Happy Holidays.




Reenea'

No comments:

Post a Comment